Sunday, 4 September 2011
Image Above: New Spoon Lure
Image Below: The deadly sand fish
My teaspoon handle pirk is no more, claimed by a kelp covered rock. In one way I am a bit sad but it also gives me a chance to move on and make some improvements. So with plenty more spoons in the cutlery draw I went back to the tool-shed. Rather than bash something out I took the basic shape and refined the finish using my current favourite, self-adhesive silver foil. I cross hatched the foil to imitate scales and added a lateral line before overlaying a pectoral fin and gill fold. I used an airbrush to apply a flash of blue acrylic and finished off with a dipped coat of polyurethane.