Christmas has past and while Santa may have brought some presents I am not sure he did not help himself to a chunk of cash before breaking some roof tiles and disappearing for another year. My dreams of a go-pro will just have to remain dreams. So as a stop gap I have an old-ish compact camera and after visiting the supermarket I find a sandwich box just a little larger than the camera. Despite saying that it is art tight on the label, looking at the seal I am not sure it would hold a fart, I take the seal out and use some of the dregs out of a tub of silicone to make a new one which works a lot better. For the front where the lens should look out I drill a hole and cut some Perspex to cover it and then stick it into place with some bathroom sealant, before adding some tiny screws for repairing glasses; just in case it wants to move. I mount it on a ball head with some tape and more Perspex and then mount the ball head from a tripod on a 4ft piece of 4” skirting and with a little bit of fishing rod and some string I have a lure filming rig. It works ok but I need to make some adjustments.
I am pulling my rig with a lure attached in a park pond, when a drunk emerges from the bushes and asks me what I think I am doing, for a moment I realize neither of us are on firm ground to go criticizing the others activities.